Thursday, December 27, 2007

Le Italian Summer


Only You 

I'm sitting in bed today, wrapped in my new soft blanket. It's raining and cold outside and I'm watching Only You, a '90s romantic comedy about an Italian road trip, as I catch up on my correspondence. The movie is a postcard of some of the most beautiful places in Italy, and I love the story of Marisa Tomei running around trying to find her destiny.

With the shortest day of the year behind us, we are well on our way to warmer days and nights. For a little taste of summer on a grey Manhattan day, here are some photos of my sister's own little road trip through Italy this summer.



Umbria


Umbria


Cinque Terre - Hidden in the mountains


Cinque Terre - Perched on top of a ragged cliff


Cinque Terre


Cinque Terre


Cinque Terre


Cinque Terre - Sparkly water


A Brescia street


The Lesser-Known Straight Tower of Pisa


Sunset in Pisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home