Thursday, September 27, 2007

Le Zen in New York




It was worth it. You know, the move to New York. I'm homeless, unemployed, and a couple of weeks away from broke, but I can't help but smile as I stare out the window of my friend's midtown apartment. I let myself get lost in the vertical lights as I try to peer beyond the edge to see what comes next. Neneh Cherry is singing in the background.

It hasn't been easy. In fact, it was only last week that I found Zen and decided to stay in New York. Up until then I was just worrying and rushing to find my dream job and moving from one person's apartment to the next. I was waiting to find a home and have a steady income until I allowed my life to begin. But what if life only went until tomorrow? How sad would it be if I finally fulfilled my dream of coming to New York, but spent the entire time worrying, feeling inadequate and spending ten days depressed for every three days of fun I allowed myself?

After hitting rock bottom last week, I felt like I had nothing to lose. I woke up one morning, listened to some music which cheered me up and went to a job interview at my dream company. It went well and even though I still don't have a job yet, that whole experience put me in a firm 'Zen' place. I need to enjoy New York, I need to let go of my worries. It will all fall into place because there is a place for me in this city. And most importantly, life is short, don't wait for it to begin.

Love,
Sabrina

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar: still unemployed, more or less homeless and life in the 2nd most expensive city in the world does not make it easier to keep some cash in my pocket! But I still don't regret my move to London.
Keep the faith!

Peggy

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home