Sunday, November 18, 2007

Le Writing Group


My little bit of blue sky peeking through the clouds


I can feel that my current wave of tough times is coming to an end, at least for now. I am finally healthy for the most part, I stopped actively looking for jobs and have been concentrating on finishing a short-term project I am working on, and I feel mentally, emotionally and spiritually stronger. I will resume my job search in a week. It's almost as if the city was gently toughening me up so I have the endurance to last here. It was a dark two months but one of the things that pulled me out of the darkness was beginning to write again. It gave me such joy and I can't believe I ever stopped.

Another thing that helped me was reading the blog of my fellow Munich writing group (http://www.sofiasays.com/Blog/). She also writes an excellent website called http://www.reasontoexist.com/. If you ever feel down or lost, I found it very inspirational. I miss my Munich writing group, but we have been keeping in touch over group email and sharing news about our novels. I am also attending New York Nanowrimo meetings trying to meet local writers. Everytime I walk into the room full of writers I am hit by a wave of warm energy. It's lovely and I have met some good people.

I am currently at around 7000 words with my novel when I should be at over 25,000. But I know I will still finish. The bulk of my project ends tomorrow so I will have my evenings free to write and catch up. I can't wait.

Love,
Sabrina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home