Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Le Six Months in New York


Sex and the City


Today is six months that I have been in New York. I sit here all dressed up and ready to go out for a drink with a group of girls and then dinner later with a boy. I feel very Carrie in my black leggings, new short haircut and pink feather handbag. Six months. Wow. 

It's been a roller-coaster, but I finally feel like I am getting a grip on things. The battles I fought have paid off and I feel like I have built a foundation on which to build my life. I know my way around a bit more, have a place to stay for the time being thanks to good friends, have enough money to last me for a while and am meeting new people so that I can keep busy in the evenings. All of this gives me the freedom to focus on looking for a permanent job and even that has gotten easier with all the interview-experience that I have gained since July. I can understand people better and know how which answers go across better than others. And most importantly I am finally almost healthy. 

It was difficult, and even though I am still up in the air, it was worth it. I never knew fulfilling a dream would be so hard and along the way I often asked myself what I was doing here and why. I still don't know the real answer, but I believe that when the time is right it will unveil itself. The surprises that lie around the corner excite me so much more than the monotony of my former life. 

But now is not the moment to get into the meaning of life and dreams. I am running late to meet the girls and it is time for me to go. 

Love,
Sabrina

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIddYGse9g

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home