Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Le Homeless Penny Shelter


Unemployed and Homeless Penny

Most people I meet in New York are involved in some sort of charity organization. Since I am not working right now, I have also decided to devote my time to philanthropic causes. I chose something very close to my unemployed and homeless heart.

When I first came to this city, I was appalled to see how many people would throw pennies onto the street or leave them in supermarkets. Sure, they do not have a high monetary value, however they are still part of the country and deserve as much respect as the flag or national monuments. I couldn't bare to see this anymore, and therefore opened the country's first Homeless Penny Shelter.


Homeless Penny Shelter

It is an attractive milk jar kept in a warm spot next to a photograph of Toscan hills, so that the pennies have something nice to look at while they rest from their weary journey. All pennies are welcome as long as there is space. Once the jar is full, the pennies will be enrolled in math, microeconomics, stock market, and living with other loose change seminars to prepare them for the real world. Then, they will be taken to the bank where they will be put back into the circulation.

Love,
Sabrina

The Homeless Penny Shelter does not accept donations. Please contact this blog for more information or if you know the whereabouts of a penny that needs help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

What a great post! So, you pick them all up? Good for you. Suze Orman could probably teach you how to get rich on these.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute - only you would think of something so creative and yet so adorable!
hope you are well in NYC. miss you lots...i think of Munich and our clubbing misadventures often!! K.I.T okay?

Lots of love from Hong Kong.
Yo.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home