Friday, November 03, 2006

Le Science of Sleep


Audrey Hepburn as Miss Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's

I always fall asleep on my hand. This really doesn't mean anything except that consequently my hand also goes to asleep. This prompts me to wake up in the middle of the night to shake the cold numb hand back to life. It's strange because I didn't always sleep like this. I don't remember having this problem when I was a child, or even a few years ago in college. It must be a new development that I picked up during or after my last boyfriend.

Strange, that even something like sleeping habits change over a lifetime. I guess nothing is sacred, nothing stays the same. Not even how we sleep.

How about you? How do you sleep?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting your current quote by WS Merwin. I have always loved that quote, in some of my more sad moments, but had lost both the source and the quote over the last few years. Will think of it today as I am writing! Renia

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice photo... nice cat...

i cannot tell much about my sleep, it depends on time of the year and location. waking up is important as well. one of the best situations i experienced so far was the sound of the waves of the mediterranean sea at southern crete. it was very simple. and it was very beautiful as well.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home