Thursday, September 21, 2006

Le Rodarte


When Fabric Gets Out Of Hand - Rodarte Courtesy of Style.com

NY Fashion Week was devastated last week by the scandals that rocked the Rodarte show. I'm sure you've heard the story. Apparently a big bow and flower had wild sex right before the show, and procreated all over the clothes. The designs were subsequently covered in bow and flower babies and presented like that on the runway. Yeah. It's all the fashion people have been able to talk about all week. Awful. But that's the risk you take when you work with fabric. Sometimes it just gets out of control and horrible things happen.





Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger pmulder said...

It is the composition that counts, isn't it ? (by the way, I like the girl's clothes, elegant, but breaking the rules of classic wedding dress somehow)

Anyway, what I wanted to mention, your description of destroying a design by action, sounds like an idea from abstract expressionism. Listen to Jason Pollock:

"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well."

Cheers,

Patrick

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i like Rodarte. Probably wouldn't wear it...but, i liked the collection - a little parisian couture in NYC.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home