Monday, October 30, 2006

Le Neuschwanstein


The castle

I went to Neuschwanstein on Saturday. I've been there before but I was four years old and don't remember a thing. The castle was absolutely beautiful. It looked exactly like a fairytale castle even though I did get a bit of a Michael Jackson-Neverland ranch vibe from it (I have no idea why). The inside was nice, but what I love most was the shape of the windows and the view from them of the mountains and picture-perfect lake. I also loved his little chapel in this room, with a turquoise ceiling and gold stars painted on it. I once went to a church in Rome which had a similar ceiling in one of the rooms where the nuns prayed. It oozed spirituality and reverance and warmth.















Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home