Friday, September 11, 2009

Le Penny Collector


Source

My little homeless penny jar is full. I just thought I should let you know, since I’m sure you’ve been wondering what happened to all those pennies over the past two years. They are fine, sitting on my shelf, and ready to get sent to the bank. It’s the weirdest thing, because now that I’ve been picking up pennies off the street for two years, I kind of don’t feel like doing it anymore, but at the same time, I feel really guilty when I don’t. Like I’ll be walking down the street with someone I just met, or I’ll be on a date and I’ll see the penny. And part of me wants to pick it up, honest, but then the other part of me thinks, do I really want to be that first (and only) date who picked up a penny off the street? I mean, would you go out on a second date with someone who would do that? Or is it one of these things where like, I need to just be me, ‘the penny collector’ and the right guy, that knight in shining armor, will love me more because of my strange attraction to homeless coins. Is this one of those kind of life tests? But then, if it is a life test, and I don’t actually want to pick up pennies anymore, then what does that mean? Does it mean that I am a heartless person now? That I’ve changed and lost sight of the greater good? Sigh. This is all very confusing, it’s like I’ve created a monster with this whole penny-business. Whatever, I’m off to the bank, and I’ll just take it from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home