Monday, May 04, 2009

Le Convenience of 29



 I conveniently decided today that I don't believe in age anymore. I think you just need to *be* and when you're ready for things to happen, they happen, and you can't really go by a number because people do things at different ages, so there really are no rules. Oh yeah, I'm also 29 today. Yay me.

I have a lot of opinions about being 29. First, I really like having a 9 in my age. I don't know, it feels soothing. 27 and 28 were a bit so so and involved a lot of drama, so I'm kind of glad to be in a new age bracket. I think this one is going to be a winner, where I sort of return to my roots and find happiness again.

This is also the last of my 20s. At first I was a bit depressed, to be honest. I felt like I hadn't accomplished much, and most importantly, I was really nervous about celebrating without my family and close friends. But then I decided to make the best of it, and I actually got excited about my birthday again. I don't think I've been excited for a birthday in over 5 years. I made plans, saw people, enhanced budding friendships, did fun things like go see Marc Jacobs talk at the New York Times and watch No Doubt perform at Rockefeller Plaza on the Today show. And of course I went shopping at the Hello Kitty store. It was a successful spree if you must know. I figured if I could survive my birthday "alone", then I can live here on my own as well. It's not over yet, but I think so far it's been good and I have a good shot at this whole New York thing.

So the last of my 20s. I started writing all these rules about things I had to do this year since next year I won't be able to, like dress like Gwen Stefani or wear mini skirts, but honestly...who cares? Gwen Stefani is 39 and she dresses like herself, so why can't I in my 30s? That's kind of silly.

I also started writing a list of accomplishments and was going to complain to you about how I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. But honestly, who the hell am I to judge that? It all comes down to seeing how happy you are, and if you feel like you are being true to yourself, and right now I am trying as hard as possible to do just that. I want to go back to truth and honesty like I used to be before I moved here. You can't really go wrong in that case as long as you refrain from doing things that feel wrong. Like not dressing like Gwen (I know I keep bringing her up, I just really like stripes right now). It feels really right and makes me happy so I'm doing it.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my birthday. I wish you happiness, truth and beautiful clothes. Here's to a new year :).

Love,
Sabrina

PS
Join me on my Facebook music page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Beat-Song-of-the-Day/69948538314?ref=ts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home