Thursday, March 29, 2007

Le Conversation with the Artist


Courtesy of Conde Nast Art- Vanity Fair Cover, July 1, 1921 by A. H. Fish


Me: I enjoyed the show I thought it was good.

Artist: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

Me: I really admire you. You just go, do your thing. You're an all-round artist and you're not even scared. Do you have a day job?

Artist [sarcastic tone]: Nope. I'm a starving artist.

Me: Are you really starving??

Artist [sarcastic tone - glass of wine in his hand]: Yes. I am starving.

Me: I just think it's so great because I have a day job but I really like to do creative things. I like to do different things but I just get worried and get scared. And I am not sure how to combine them. I need to find my path.

Artist: You just need to go for it, find a way to combine them and go for it.

Me: Yeah, I just need to go for it.

Artist: Jump and the net will appear.

Me: Build it and they will come.

Artist [looks intently]: Jump and the net will appear.


It's time to jump.

Love,
Breens

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kriss kross is going to make you JUMP JUMP... your new york friends are hoping you JUMP JUMP (soon!)!!! :p

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you jump, make sure some people are there with the emergency blanket to catch you too!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home