Friday, November 05, 2010

Le reasons for not blogging anymore



You may be wondering why I don't blog anymore. It's because somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, on my way to New York City three years ago, I lost my voice; specifically, Le Blog's voice. In the thick of writing this blog, I never realized that it was less about me, and more about my journey to fulfilling my dream of moving to New York City. Once I moved to NYC, my journey - and the voice of this blog - went away. With no journey to document, that leaves me with the option of writing about my life in NYC, which feels weird for a few reasons. I loathe to fill these pages with stories of good things I'm doing because it feels contrived and, well, who gives a sh*t. I also don't want to write about the sad and difficult parts, or stories of my disappointments, because my intent with this blog is to create a space that people come to in order to escape the real world for a few minutes, and leave with a smile. That leaves the mundane experiences of my day to day life, which no one wants to read about. Also, I think the reason my voice has changed is because living in a city like New York inevitably changes you. I'm not the same person anymore; I've grown up. Yuck.

So what do I do, dear reader? Are you still there?

I leave you with a link to my new favorite show called "Bored to Death" starring Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, Zach Galifianakis (yes, my new obsession). It's silly, about creative people, funny and filmed mainly in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home